Canon EOS 7D Firmware Now Available to Download
August 7, 2012 -- On June 28 Canon announced a new firmware update for EOS 7D owners that would extend the capabilities of their camera. Canon promised that this firmware update (version 2.0) would be available in early August, and as promised Canon has just made this update available for download on their website.
Firmware Version 2.0.X keeps the EOS 7D DSLR on the cutting edge of technology and adds a host of user-requested innovations that include:
- A higher maximum burst rate
for continuous shooting (25 RAW vs 15 RAW)
- Definable maximum limit for ISO Auto
- Compatibility with the Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2
- Manual audio level
adjustment during video shooting and during review (64-levels)
- Faster scrolling of magnified images
- Quick control
- In-camera RAW image processing
- JPEG image resizing and
- Customization of file names and time zone settings.